This page outlines technical details about this website. You can learn more about the purpose and content of the website, as well as the author on the About page.
- This is a static site made using the Hugo SSG.
- It uses the Kaktus theme made by me. It is a fork of the Cactus theme. The original theme had too much unnecessary stuff for me like comments, jQuery, etc. All the bloat was removed, the weird right-aligned TOC was changed to something more pragmatic, CSS and JS minification was implemented, a11y was improved, etc.
- The website is only shipped with ≈ 4kB of CSS and < 1kB of JS. It gets almost 100 on all categories in Lighthouse.
- All the posts are written using Markdown with a couple of extensions like footnotes, etc.
- The code for this site is hosted on GitHub in a private repository.
- Cloudflare Pages is used to build and host the static site on every
pushto the said repository.
- Cloudflare’s CDNs, DNS and firewall services are used too.
- Cloudflare’s Page Rules are used to handle redirection in some links.